More on Kim |
Kim's Blog (Diary) |
Out And About |
Site Stat's Revealed!
Every Halloween (or "High Holy Transgender Holiday" ;-) I post an update to my total visit count to my site, and I usually take some time to reflect on how many visitors come to each page or area of my website.
The year 2007 was about year 11 of my femme site, and there was around 195,000 visits in those 11 years! Wow! That's awesome! Thank you for visiting! (Yahoo, where my site is hosted, has counted about 95,000 visits/visitors since they reset my counter when it hit 100,000 around the year 2000.)
Of course, I'm talking to you, the elite few (the roughly 5%-10% of overall visitors) that actually read my pages vs. simply look at my pictures, and that's probably up over what it used to be. In fact, it breaks down like this:
- About 95% of the visitors to my site, which is an overwhelmingly large percentage, go for the Pictures pages.
- For roughly 83% of all visitors to my site, that's all they look at... the pictures.
- About 50% of all visitors go to the 'Wild' Pics (that aren't that wild, folks!).
- The pictures pages on my site account for the top 6 pages visited over the life of my site (not counting the main landing page). So after the main pics page and 'wild' pics, that breaks down as:
This says something interesting about the people who visit crossdressers' sites (or at least this crosdresser's site ;-), doesn't it? I suspect that many of the visitors to my site are crossdressers themselves, so it says what a visual bunch we are. I will admit to being 'camera crazy' and taking a lot of pictures; though I take a lot of pictures. (Period.) I took around 1500 pictures on my trip to China. Anyway, for those of you who would chide me for making this a website that's got a lot of pictures of myself... well, I'm giving the (majority of) the people what they want! ;-)
Back to stat's, to help understand the visits and thus visitors to my site...
- About 17% of you are interested in my Friends (or probably more accurately my friends' pictures ;-)
- About 12% in my Links to other places on the web... (probably looking for more pictures ;-)
- Almost 12% of you are interested in my Out And About adventures (probably for the pictures ;-)
- Nearly 12% are also interested in Yin and Yang information and pictures.
- Only about 10% of you want to know more about me.
So, except for various pictures of me, not many people are interested in me.
In fact, we have to get into the 3-5% range to get the number of people that have a 'deeper' interest in me:
- Only about 3.63% of visitors are interested in my Blog (Diary).
- Only 3.4% of my visitors are interested in my thoughts on gender. This kind of surprises me. After all, if my assumption of most of my visitors being trans themselves, or at least interested in trans people, then I'd think wanting to understand more about gender and what's going on with the whole crossdressing thing would be of interest to people. Yes, I realize I'm presuming that people are interested in my thoughts on gender, but we are talking about visitors to my personal site, where it's largely about me anyway...
- Only 2.2% of you are interested in my thoughts on sexuality. This is also a surprising result (to me at least ;-). I mean, I'd think there'd be more curiousity about sex and sexuality, or at least my orientation. Nope. [Of course, I've updated the sexuality page in 2007 for the first time in about 8 years, so you may want to take a look... maybe I'll see more than 2.2% of visitors go there now... ;-)]
Now for the less than 1% of visitors...
So 0.58% of all the visits/visitors have even looked at how to contact me. That is around 500 people, or maybe 1000, at most. Maybe over 500 of you have contacted me over the last 10-11 years, but I don't think it's that high, so those that check out the page don't necessarily write (Of course, about half of those visits to my contact me page could have been me, checking to ensure the page still works... ;-). I do actually try to write back to most people. Sometimes I get busy, and chances are good that if you're respectful and sincere you'll get a reply.
One last thing on stat's. I've also been tracking visits every Halloween since 1996 or so, and I've noticed a couple of things:
- The visits to my diary/blog and other personal sites were actually a higher percentage back then; the relative percentage of those looking for pictures vs. info about me has increased. For example, about 84% of visitors used to visit my main picture page in 2001, and now it's 95%, wheras my diary went from about 4% to 3.6% of total visitors, even though I've highlighted this diary more directly in the navigation and in my "What's New" section.
- I've noticed that visits have slowed down in the last 2 years from about 10,000 to 15,000 per year to about 4,000 per year. So I wonder if it's really that visits have slowed down-- because I don't update my site as much as I used to, I'm not as young and cute, or something-- or because Yahoo has gotten better at counting unique visitors and the count is more accurate. Or maybe it's a combination of the two. Whatever the reason, I'd believe that visits have slowed down some, and I still would like to thank the about 4,000 of you that visit each year. :)
So what can I conclude from the stat's above? Again, that not many people who visit my site are interested in me, but are instead interested in the image of me. Well, whatever brought you to me and my page, thank you for visiting.
More on Kim |
Kim's Blog (Diary) |
Out And About |
This page last updated on 18 January, 2008.
©2008 (1964-onward) Kim McNelis. All Rights Reserved (No images, text, etc. may be copied w/out Kim's consent. Thank you).