Kim's (Not-So-Secret) Diary
October 15, 2000: My, How Time Flies!
Wow... it's been over 9 months since I last wrote in my diary here! Hmmnnn... I guess she's about due!! ;-) Time really does fly... whether you're having fun or not. Anyway (as Inugo Montoya of Princess Bride fame said)... there's too much to explain, so I'll simply try to sum things up... :)
- Kimberley (my femme side) Kimberley comes and goes, as she pleases. There is something to be said for being comfortable with oneself, T* (Transgendered) or not. My literal expression of my feminine side, reflected here in this "femme" site of mine (yes, there's a male site too ;-), gets to come out and play now and then... [like last night :)] I express the "femme" side of me where and when I want. I've been to Pride, out dancing several times, shopping, to a gender convention, etc., etc., etcetera!! So I will try to add in a few of those things to this site, someday... when I get time. Like around the year 2010... (sigh)
- Work My work got extremely busy around April and didn't slow down until the end of June. An entire fiscal quarter where I was on the road about 80%-100% of my time... having fun, and getting tired of travelling. I've slowed down, and was trying to keep it to 50% or so... though lately that hasn't happened. Balance. Gotta' have balance. Anyway, being a consultant is fun, and I've really come into my own lately. I've been working on some fun projects, and like getting paid for work that I often enjoy.
- My house Sloooowly but surely, I'm getting my house in order. My emotional or figurative house is pretty well in order; my physical house (both body and actual domicile) is not... I've gained more weight than I want (I'm around 20 pounds over where I want to be), and my house was really messy before the end of September-- and don't look in my garage, okay? ;-) I'm contemplating selling my house and moving-- I'm too far from the city, and have too much yard (land) to take care of.
- Dating I think I went through my second "sow my wild oats" sort of phase. This was largely due to one overriding factor: Liking myself for a change. :) Instead of this downward spiral of self-loathing, where people in turn don't treat you well, I have been on this upward spiral of self-loving, where people are attracted to me because of it. Of course, here too balance is needed, and I'm doing my best to not let it inflate my ego too much. Anyway, the dating has slowed down as I've both "narrowed the field" of whom is best for me (not better, simply best for me) and come back to my senses. I mean, how much dating can one do while traveling all the time? Answer? Not much. ;-) However, given that... I'm still dating, and have decided to date someone exclusively. I'll keep her name private for the moment... :) I'm not sure I'm ready for dating someone exclusively, but I think it's gonna' work out fine.
- PBF My PBF (Platonic Best Friend) and I are settling into being PBF's. We have our times where we wish we could have made a relationship work, and others where we calmly accept that this is for the best. For me, I can say that I've had more of the former than the latter; I feel sorta' like I've lost a soulmate-- though having my PBF as a friend, whom I talk to relatively often, is still having a soulmate of sorts. I do hope that our friendship is one that lasts for our entire lives... and I believe it will be.
- My prior girlfriend I've thought the girlfriend before my PBF , off-and-on these last few years. Coming to peace with a relationship not working out for us for various reasons, and yet missing her friendship. Well, not that long ago she emailed me, telling me she misses our friendship and is ready to try again. This is a wonderful thing... a chance to bring closure (and begin anew); to heal a part of my heart that was aching still. We are both very busy people, and it will be a challenge for us to even keep up w/emailing each other, I think-- and I very much look forward to being friends w/her again.
- Other Friends and Family The only constant in my friends' (and family's) lives is change. My friend Lori Buckwalter is slowly removing herself from political life, to focus on herself and her family. I think it's great she's doing so, after giving so much to our community. My friend Paula continues her nasty battle w/the ex, facing strife in wanting to remain the primary caregiver for her child-- or at least not have her rights stripped from her. I've been increasing my friendship w/several local T-folk. My parents are still in the state, my brother and his family is back... and I haven't come out to any new family members lately.
- Esprit 2000 I had a great time at Esprit 2k in May. So much so that I hardly found a moment's rest. Of course, there are precious few pic's and such here 'cause I've been soooooo busy. I was in the talent show (did a lip-synch to a Des'ree tune-- the one I have quoted
, Fashion Show (for the 3rd year-- even tho' I helped run it this year), and in as many workshops as I could fit in. :)
- Pride I sorta' missed (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender) Pride this year. I wanted to march, but my weekends have become, at least all-too-often, times to sleep in to catch up on sleep I didn't get during the week, or too-precious times to spend w/family and friends. In any case, I went to the after-activities, and generally showed my physical presence in support of pride.
May 24, 2000: Esprit
[This added from What's New...] I'm back from Esprit, but once again flying hither and yon for work. As a teaser, here's a picture from Esprit (I decided to pay $20 to be a bride for the night... one fantasy down, only 1 or 2 more to go... ;-)
January 11, 2000: The New Year Arrives
Hi again... and Happy New Year! While I'm one of those odd people who thinks the Millennium won't get here until January 1, 2001, I certainly partied along w/everyone else. In fact, I was in Washington, D.C. (can you say "Terrorist Central"? I knew you could!). It was cold, and it was fun-- as much for the crowd as anything. People-watching is one of my favorite sports.
Anyway, life continues to be pretty good... work is generally keeping me busy; I'll be travelling every week except one this month, and February is already looking pretty full. My birthday is fast approaching... and I'm happy to be alive in the information age. I'm making all sorts of new friends, helping organize the Fashion Show at Esprit, and otherwise trying to do too much. I hope your New Year's was great, and I hope to update other areas on my site sometime soon.
More Diary Left...
Please see my
Diary for 1999
for more diary entries.
More on Kim |
Kim's Blog (Diary) |
Out And About |
This page last updated on the date of the last entry... :)
©1964-2000 Kim McNelis. All Rights Reserved (No images, text, etc. may be copied w/out Kim's consent. Thank you).